High Performance Homes
Increasing performance in these four key areas boosts value while also reducing risk to all stakeholders.
Long-term prevention begins with a healthy home.
- Building assemblies address material toxicity and air quality
- Safety, security, and accessibility all impact mental health
- Homes are designed for thermal health and human comfort
- Active design and aging in place are key design factors
- Demonstrated wellness outcomes increase home value
Homeownership is essential to financial wealthbuilding.
- Homeownership provides stability and security
- The home is considered an investable asset
- Over time, equity increases financial leverage
- Local construction increases workforce capacity
- Homes titled as real property appreciate in value
Increasing building resilience helps expect the unexpected.
- Increasing resilience helps protect the asset
- Reduces cost of annual maintenance and repairs
- Leverages insurance incentives to reduce annual premiums
- Reduces displacement time due to a disaster
Turning monthly expenses into monthly investments.
- Enables homeowner to “afford” a more valuable home
- Efficient homes smooth out monthly energy costs
- Homes are designed to maximize shoulder seasons
- Efficient homes have a higher appraised value